Website Center on Halsted
Essential Functions (critical to job function):
Provide comprehensive sexual health services to individuals who are vulnerable to HIV acquisition and to people living with HIV. These services include rapid HIV and HCV testing, pre- and post-test counseling, risk reduction planning, linkage to care for HIV/HCV-positive clients, linkage to PrEP for those vulnerable to HIV-acquisition, sexual health information, and referrals in English and Spanish to diverse clients throughout Illinois. Accurately record client information and communicate/forward information to referral partners. Accurately enter required information into databases. This position requires daily data entry of client demographics.
Additionally, this position will provide outreach distribution of safer sex materials, referrals, and sexual health education, including PrEP and PEP information, along with testing services in Chicago-area venues and will assist in the creation of outreach materials designed for target populations. Geosocial/dating app experience required.
Applicants are encouraged to have completed Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) or Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral and Partner Services trainings and provide certificates of completion. This position requires extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS and STDs.
This position requires the ability to work days, nights, and weekends on an ongoing basis, availability for 2p-10p shifts weekdays and weekends is required. Schedules are based on program needs. Must be able to travel to outreach locations in the Chicagoland area and be able to receive travel reimbursement in a following paycheck.
Nonessential Functions: (non-critical to job function):
• Other duties as assigned
Service Delivery Duties:
• Provide HIV and HCV testing, pre-test and post-test counseling, LTC, and referrals for walk-in and scheduled clients; provide such services at COH and at various outreach locations
• Provide clear, understandable, current, and accurate information and/or referrals to all clients; provide information and referrals in a way that demonstrates respect, active listening skills, empathy, patience and cultural competency.
• Provide HIV/HCV and health related informational presentations. Provide outreach on Geosocial/dating apps, websites, and on the street or in venues
• Implement and oversee health education strategies, interventions, and programs
• Assess high-risk individuals; assist such individuals in decreasing their risk for contracting HIV and STDs; assess client needs for health education, including change readiness. Provide information and linkage to PrEP/PEP when applicable.
• Provide outreach testing in venues where MSM gather
Program Development and Collaborative Duties:
• Translate scientific language and concepts into clear, simple and understandable information for the public and clients to maximize the potential for them to take reasonable action
• Help identify, develop, improve, and implement patient education materials and other tools that encourage healthy decisions
• Remain up-to-date on the latest HIV/AIDS and STD research through daily reading and regular attendance of in-person and online trainings
• As needed and/or requested, assist the Director in program development
• Accurately collect and record all required and pertinent demographic information regarding each HIV/HCV testing, PrEP navigation and LTC client served. Daily data entry required.
• Complete all agency, city, and state required forms for each HIV/HCV testing, PrEP navigation, LTC, and/or outreach client. Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality and adhere to state and federal regulations; accurately collect and record all required and pertinent demographic information regarding each HIV testing and LTC client served
Organizational Core Competencies: Demonstrated by the candidate.
• Critical Thinking: Consistently identifies, gathers, and applies relevant information to their work.
• Equity Mindset: Understands and is committed to goals of equity; consistently brings an equity mindset to the organization works and workplace. interpersonally, organizationally and structurally.
• Collaboration: Helps colleague’s as needed, views responsibilities as shared
• Communication: Uses effective written and oral communication with internal staff, teams, and community served; demonstrates empathy and listening.
• Adaptability: The quality of being able to adjust to new conditions. Being able to change in order to fit or work better in some situations or for some purpose.
• Develops and Motivates Others: Motivates others and supports their development through strong coaching and mentoring
• Leads with Vision: Effectively prepares and communicates vision for the future of the organization and guides team through developing and managing subsequent changes.
• Continuous Improvement Minded: Identifies strategies to improve organization’s impact; weighs diverse inputs to inform strategies, sets course and drives implementation.
Education/Experience and Qualifications:
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all of the possible job-related responsibilities, tasks, and duties that are required of this position, and further, Center on Halsted reserves the right to change as it sees fit any and all of the employee’s responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
• Results – proven track record of exceeding goals and bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; ability to solve problems, work independently, manage programs; ability to be creatively resourceful is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or a health-related field preferred, previous HIV or public health experience will be considered; experience working with individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS and STI’s is beneficial; prior experience working in a nonprofit environment is also beneficial.
• Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer sensitivity; Knowledge and experience addressing LGBTQ needs.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential information.
• Ability to use MS Office programs, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Effective problem solving and ability to analyze and use data for decision-making.
• Effectively interact with people and develop positive relationships while being tactful, respectful, and direct in communication.
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours including days, nights including late nights, and weekends required.
• Knowledge of Chicago area public transportation required.
• Data entry experience required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: This is a list of physical demands that is required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment Level
Sitting for long periods of time Frequent
Standing occasionally Occasionally
Lifting 15lbs or more
Walking up/down stairs Constant
Machine and Equipment Used:
This is a list of machinery/equipment that is required to perform the essential duties of the position.
Machine and Equipment Used:
Apply to the following website: https://www.centeronhalsted.org/careers.html In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
• Describe your experience and/or thoughts about delivering an HIV+ test result to a client.
• Describe your experience working with Black and Latinx MSM communities.
• Describe in detail your experience with Outlook, paperwork accuracy, and data entry.
*CENTER ON HALSTED IS A MANDATED VACCINATION EMPLOYER. THOSE WHO ARE VACINNATED OR WISH TO BE VACINNATED WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Center on Halsted hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, neurodiversity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, military discharge status, veteran status or source of income and citizenship.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all of the possible job-related responsibilities, tasks and duties that are required of this position, and further, Center on Halsted reserves the right to change as it sees fit any and all of the employee’s responsibilities, tasks and duties.
To apply for this job please visit tiny.cc.