Website Backlot Coffee
Prep/Line Cook – Backlot Coffee, Evanston
Backlot Coffee first opened its doors in 2016 with a mission to be a shared creative space where all could
gather. We strive to be a comfortable, stimulating, and diverse community that embraces different
perspectives and ideas. Among our core values is creating a culture of kindness where people can be
Our team is continuing to work toward greater sustainability, including composting, minimizing waste, and sourcing goods from local farms and manufacturers. With good values and a great team, we can
empower each other to make a positive impact in the world.
Prep/Line Cook Job Description:
● In-time between 6:30-8am, out between1-3pm.
● Cook and assemble orders with precision and efficiency.
● Stock line with the components for building a la carte menu items including sliced meats and
cheeses, house made sausage, aioli, salsa, jams, etc.
● Follow recipes and procedures to prep said components for the coming week(s)
● Maintain a sanitary workspace throughout the shift and a thorough shut down of the station
before leaving each day.
● Assist in the overall success of the team, including helping with pastry prep, organization, and
We are looking for someone with values that align with excellent food service. This includes:
● Desire to create a memorable experience for our patrons
● Being dependable in working assigned shifts and in product quality
● One team, one dream! We work as a team and look out for each other.
● Adapting to recipe changes and introduction of new menu items
● Multitasking between projects and cleaning
● Maintaining a positive attitude and willingness to learn
● Must be able to reliably commute or relocate to Evanston, IL before work starts
Additionally, this job can be physically demanding at times, requiring a range of body movements and
pressure, as well as lifting up to 50 lbs.
● Tips are pooled throughout the week and distributed based on the number of hours you worked
that week (Yes, this includes kitchen staff!)
● Hourly rate is based on experience, starting at $12 p/hour for those without food service
experience (Tips range consistently from $8-$10/hr)
● Both full-time and part-time employees receive up to 40 hours of PTO/sick pay per year. Every
50hr work week = 1 hour of PTO.
● Full time employees are eligible for health Insurance after the first 90 days.
● Paid breaks
● 50% employee discount + free coffee and bar drinks during your shift.
● Health insurance is provided to full-time employees
● 401(k) are available for all employees
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org