Company Description: Galit is a Middle Eastern Restaurant in the Lincoln Park neighborhood in Chicago, owned and operated by Chef Zachary Engel and Andrés Clavero. The restaurant is a space for community: hospitality professionals, guests, and suppliers will come together and celebrate food and drink in a respectful, friendly, and caring manner. The menu focuses on a seasonal and localized approach to dishes of the Middle East and Israel’s immigrant cuisines, alongside a unique and forward-thinking beverage program.
Overview: To plan, organize, and execute the reservations for daily service. Greet and acknowledge all guests at arrival and departure. Ensure the team provides excellent hospitality and a pleasant dining experience to our guests. Continue to inform managers of flow through meal service to assure the smoothest service possible. To honestly and respectfully communicate with guest whether on the phone or in the restaurant. The Host will report to the General Manager and Managers (“Managers”) and, at times, the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs (“Chefs”). Above all, the Host must do all to contribute to a positive work environment as set forth by the culture and values of Galit.
- Engage in sincere and warm interaction with all guests while being professional and courteous, using the verbiage assigned by Managers.
- Organize reservation template from chosen reservation system
- Greet and acknowledge all guests that arrive and depart restaurant.
- Ensure the team provides excellent hospitality to our guests
- Show guests to pre-planned table destinations, seat guests, and hand out menus
- Answer general guests questions regarding restaurant operations (hours, menus, bathroom location, parking and driving directions, etc.)
- Answer phone calls at main host desk or in office
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with all employees, Chefs, and Managers through a positive and team-driven work effort
- Communicate with Chefs, Managers, and Front of House staff to better serve the guests needs and their requests
- Have a complete understanding of all floor plans and seat numbers
- Maintain uniform cleanliness and proper attire at all times without exception
- Uphold safety standards and CDC guidelines regarding Covid-19
- Adhere to side work requirements as set forth by restaurant managers for opening and closing
- 1-2 years of high volume environments as a host/hostess preferred
- Previous Resy experience preferred
- Proficient conversational English
- Exceptional people skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow employees as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs while remaining calm and courteous at all times
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and recipes. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or fellow employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts
Safety and Sanitation
High Volume Service
Food Safety Knowledge
Reservation Management Platforms
To apply for this job please visit culinaryagents.com.