Website Half Acre Beer Co.
The Manager of Facilities and Maintenance at Half Acre Beer Company is responsible for the design, upkeep, maintenance, and compliance of all company facilities and reports to the Director of Continuous Improvement and Operations. This position will oversee the facilities and equipment management, maintenance, and engineering for all company buildings. This involves all utilities management, compliance with local codes and ordinances, equipment installation, contractor management, production maintenance, planning repair activities, developing maintenance procedures and facilities maintenance and upkeep. This requires creating and managing monthly and yearly budgets, working closely with all company departments as a service to ensure their facilities and equipment are kept safe and well-functioning via preventative maintenance while working towards a goal of zero unplanned down time. Core responsibilities include upkeep of critical systems; sourcing, installation, and upkeep of equipment; upkeep of physical structures and spaces; and finding efficiencies wherever possible. Excellent organizational and leadership abilities can set you apart among our candidate pool.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates maintenance team; ensures team works safely and efficiently in completing assigned tasks
- Ensures staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities; works to further develop the team
- Schedules, directs, and oversees external contractors (custodians, electricians, plumbers, excavators, roofers, painters, landscapers, etc.)
- Responsible for security, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC services
- Schedules trash/recycling, snow removal, pest management, fire alarm and fire extinguisher services
- Ensure facility is in wastewater compliance; work with regulators and outside contractors to coordinate testing and inspections
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Develops and monitors department budget; orders equipment and supplies and monitors inventory; makes requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems
- Optimization of CMMS and Packaging efficiency software
- Along with Dir. of CIO, identify opportunities to implement Autonomous Maintenance principles, develop implementation plan, and execute to plan
- Prepares specifications for physical plant projects; estimates costs of equipment, materials, labor, and supplies; prepares bid specifications for projects, equipment, and contracted services; oversees site and building projects performed by outside contractors
- Personally performs maintenance tasks when necessary
- Performs other related tasks as requested
- Must be 21+ years old
- Minimum 3 years managing facility operations
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Great time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated use of asset management software
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams
- OSHA experience on a state or federal level preferred
- Effective leader and strong negotiator with safety professionals, regulatory and/or industry organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Food and Beverage facility experience, and particularly Beverage, is highly preferred
- 5-10 years progressive maintenance/facility management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management or related major. Equivalent experience and vocational certifications will also be considered.
- OSHA experience on a state or federal level preferred.
- Effective leader and strong negotiator with safety professionals, regulatory and/or industry organizations.
- Experience with Autonomous Maintenance principles and execution
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. overhead
- Able to work in ambient conditions (non-climate controlled) and prevailing outside conditions when necessary
- Must be able to work on your feet for 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to work in tight spaces where twisting, reaching, and climbing is required
To apply for this job please visit halfacrebeer.com.