Rush University Hospital
The Administrative Coordinator is central to many of the department wide activities, enabling efficient workflow and the achievement of department goals. With an understanding of the department’s strategies and objectives, the Administrative Coordinator is a key to budget, expense, and office management with minimal supervision. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and ICARE values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Manages special projects/duties; coordinates and participates in department and project meetings.
- Manages department’s various ongoing projects, including continually reviewing/identifying/implementing qualitative and process improvements.
- Manage the preparation and electronic submission of all grants, proposals, progress reports, and any correspondence related to office activities in compliance with its respective requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring cost center fiscal operations. Works with Administrator to conduct budget analysis, prepare annual budget analysis, and implement budget initiatives.
- Assists in design and maintenance of necessary databases. Oversees proper maintenance and database entry.
- Establishes and implements protocols for policy and procedures according to administrative guidelines. Monitors compliance and evaluates effectiveness.
- Provides coordination and administrative support to department. Tasks include management of calendars and meeting requests, coordination/preparation of meeting agendas and materials, the development of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheet support.
- Manage data collection, analysis, creation, and maintenance of databases.
- Provides administrative support for the office and staff: answer phones, take messages, maintain electronic calendars. Assist all staff with coordinating meetings as well as record and distribute minutes.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of administrative experience.
- Excellent organization skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrates the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to maintain expected level of customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and re-prioritize using time management skills to expeditiously complete assignments and duties.
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) has awarded Rush full accreditation for three years. Rush is one of the first academic medical centers in Illinois to receive this accreditation.
As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation’s top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com