Website Rush University Medical Center
1. Delivers patient meal trays, continental breakfast, between meal snacks, and nourishments. Uses scripts, age appropriate guidelines, and patient identification procedures when passing trays and nourishments; Follows infection control and food safety guidelines; Collects trays after meal service.
2. Ensures patients with prescribed diets receive meal trays on units assigned.
3. Delivers and collects patient selective menus; assists patients with menu selection as appropriate.
4. Prepares food for, assembles, and serves patient trays.
5. Reports patient food preferences, patient requests, unusual intake and comments to the clinical nutrition staff.
6.Maintains and improves patient satisfaction scores on unit assigned.
7.Cleans and sanitizes nourishment centers and soiled tray carts, ensures all equipment is in working order; reports equipment problems to supervisors; records designated refrigerator temperatures daily, as appropriate.
8.Requisitions, delivers, stores, and tallies floor stock and nourishments. Records amount of par stock delivered to each patient care unit; Ensures food on par stock cart remains in the temperature safety zone; Ensures all food is labeled and dated in the nourishment galley.
9.Clears over bed tables for patients and prepares beverages prior to each meal.
10. Uses hospital computer and communication systems for patient meal service.
11. Assists in training personnel as assigned.
12. Follows hospital and department policies and procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org