Website Rush University Medical Center
Rush University Medical Center
Access Specialist I – (Part-Time)
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm
The RUMG Access Center Representative manages all clinical and non-clinical calls and performs clinic activities, including routine and advanced scheduling, basic triage, message taking, and referral management. The RUMG Access Center Representative collaborates with Access Center team members and practice staff to meet overall access, revenue cycle, and scheduling objectives while exceeding customers’ expectations. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision, and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Answers all telephone calls for one – three clinics or radiology modalities, with the goals of accurately scheduling patients within guidelines, taking messages utilizing templates and routing clinical inquires to appropriate RN pool, clinical or administrative pools and complete clean registration.
- Assesses the callers need and responds with critical judgment and ensures the appropriate resolution for the inquiry or issue.
- Understands when to escalate calls to nurse, and/or RUMG Access Center leadership.
- Proactively a monitor escalated area of concern or uncertainty relating to the practices and suggests possible resolutions around access Epic build issues
- Exhibits strong understanding of specialized RUMG Access Center processes including but, not limited to questionnaires, subgroups, auto search, pre-registration, message templates, and referral capture and insurance plan networks.
- Adheres to service specialized workflows for multiple specialty departments. Follows protocols built in Epic and documented practices scheduling requirements.
- Responsible for accurately documenting appointment information and notifying the patient of information critical to their visit.
- Drives and supports the RUMG revenue cycle by minimizing potential financial risk of patient accounts through patient insurance registration activities. This includes but is not limited to discussing the patient’s financial responsibility for their upcoming visit, outstanding balances, and referral requirements based on Rush contracts.
- Maintains a high level of understanding and acts as a patient resource for physician and ancillary service offerings, navigating the Rush campus, payment categories, and the billing procedures of Rush University Medical Group.
- Exhibits sensitivity to patient health information and protects confidentiality. Maintains privacy at all times for patient and employee information.
- Enhances the reputation of the RUMG Access Center by fostering ownership and personal responsibility for exceeding patient service expectations through accountability for actions and decisions setting a positive example to peers, coworkers, departments and patients.
- Promotes a positive and productive environment, supporting teamwork and communication.
- Works cooperatively in a team environment and supports a flexible structure to ensure the success of the RUMG Access Center
- Utilizes customer service skills to exceed the patient’s needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Excellent communication and outstanding customer service and listening skills required.
- Critical thinking, sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills essential
- Must be team-oriented, open minded, flexible, and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Ability to type 40 WPM on keyboard
- Knowledge and ability of basic Microsoft Office, Outlook and Word experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience is required
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Experience in patient care or related setting such as clinic, ambulatory care center, medical call center, or physician office
- Ability to prioritize and function effectively, efficiently and accurately in a multi-tasking, complex, fast paced environment.
- Ability to act responsibly and quickly with sound judgement when problem solving.
- Ability to utilize Epic Cadence efficiently.
- Ability to listen to patients and process needs while simultaneously documenting in Epic.
- Able to work under stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism.
- Work will often require flexibility
- Able to communicate with many different customers and seeking solutions to move the organization forward.
- Ability to make independent decision in problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize own work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org