Website Da Vinci Paws
Da Vinci Paws has been serving the Northside of Chicago since 2006. We are a team of pet care professionals that has love and empathy for pets with paws, claws, feather, and fins. Da Vinci Paws has an established management team; we are licensed and bonded and are continuing to expand our unique boutique dog walking, dog training, and pet care business.
- Professional dog walker with the ability to also care for cats
- Most dog-walking services occur from 10am to 3pm Monday – Friday. Most pet-sitting services occur on evenings and weekends. Ideally, a candidate would be available consistently Monday – Friday.
- We service Andersonville, Buena Park, Edgewater, and Uptown communities. We design dog walking routes to keep travel to a minimum.
$9.90 – $12.50 per 25-minute visit
$150 – $250 / week
- 100% of client gratuity
- Three bonuses of $100 each after completing 15, 30, and 50 orientation sessions / independent walks.
- Create a safe and positive walking environment for our client’s dogs
- Follow the client-provided care instructions, including training preferences
- Provide detailed and attentive care for our client’s cats
- Give our clients first-class customer service with a personal touch
- Communicate with staff via phone/text and photographs
- Contribute to the team effort by working as a team player
- Practice time management to ensure on-time arrivals for all assigned visits
The ideal candidate:
- An honest, patient, and enthusiastic candidate, who can provide our client’s dogs and cats with the highest quality visits possible.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety and time management.
- Previous professional or volunteer experience with animals is preferred, but a positive attitude with a desire to learn is just as important.
- The candidate should enjoy an active work environment, walking independently and working outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
- Consideration for candidates with evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
- This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to start a career or grow their current professional experience with dogs. Many members of our staff were previously dog walkers with on-demand services, doggy daycare staff, dog groomers, or volunteers at a local shelter.
- The candidate should have an innate desire to care for animals while ensuring their safety.
You are consistently available to work Monday through Friday during the business day. Most of our clients will request services between 10 am and 4 pm, with peak service hours from 11 am to 3 pm. This general availability must remain constant for at least 12 months.
This position would be offered as an independent contracting position. If you have any questions about this arrangement, you can email: [email protected]
The majority of tasks assigned will require you to walk or stand on your feet for several hours per day; bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs; and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Comfortable walking up to three dogs at the same time
Clients often request feedings, removing and returning their dogs from a crate, puppy pad replacements, and litter box cleanings
Capable of working in an environment with traffic, the public, and barking
You may be exposed to solvents, disinfectants, sanitation chemicals, animal dander, saliva, urine, feces, animal teeth, and claws that may come into contact with hands, skin, and clothing
You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English
You are capable of working with little supervision
You have the patience and empathy to work with puppies and other animals with special needs and requirements (medical and behavioral concerns)
You must be 21 years or older and legally allowed to work in the US
You must own a smartphone (iOS or Android) with the ability to run our scheduling software (using data and GPS as needed)
To apply for this job please visit davincipaws.applytojob.com.