Website Meeting Tomorrow
Meeting Tomorrow is a 20-year-old company with a growing team of 85 friendly employees. We’re headquartered in Chicago, with 80% percent of our team working remotely in cities all over the country. We produce in-person, hybrid, and virtual events and rent equipment that brings people together. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses, and we pride ourselves on providing the best customer experience in the events industry. We offer the greatest coworkers you’ll find anywhere, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment. We can’t wait to meet you!
The opportunity: The Event Producer will lead the production planning process for our Fortune 1000 clients and will work closely with internal teams including production management, design, editors and onsite technical teams to deliver flawless events. They will work directly with our clients and act as an extension of their team by quickly building relationships, understanding their brand identity and business priorities to be an integral part of the client’s planning team.
The Event Producer will manage more than 50 events a year and will be responsible for the event strategy, client communication, full event management and onsite producing. They will be the main point of contact for our clients after an event is sold and will manage the on-site production of the event from start to finish and beyond. They will own the full client relationship and event production.
It’s important that this person has produced events in the past as they will quickly take on new events and clients after the onboarding process is complete.
As a Producer, you’re responsible for the client experience. Main responsibilities include:
- You are the client’s main contact for any needs that arise including gathering event details, change management, questions and organizing content/deliverables
- Collaborate with creative, technical and planning roles to conceptualize the event vision and direct the work of designers, editors and other creative roles.
- Own communication and information flow between the client, venue and any technical staff involved to ensure expectations are met
- You make decisions and give approvals on behalf of your client to meet their vision. Work closely with internal teams to ensure all service level agreements are being met
- Lead onsite teams to deliver a successful event with a particular focus on the General Session show flow including running rehearsals,
- Manage any issues or challenges that arise to ensure all events are successfully delivered
- Moderate to frequent travel onsite will be required. Frequent travel is defined as 30% travel per month of work days, based on a 40 hour work week.
Who you are:
- Event Expert. You have experience on-site managing large, complex events with a variety of corporate and/ or association clients. Your opinion, advice, and feedback is highly valued by clients and technicians alike.
- Creative problem solver. Can change gears quickly and think outside of the box to solve problems. You love being on-site troubleshooting all the last minute needs and changes that come up.
- Organized. You catch the details others don’t, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Efficient and organized. You’re able to manage multiple timelines for 10 events or more at once, while letting nothing fall through the cracks.
- Adaptable/Knowledge Seeker. Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and direction.
- Strong communicator. You’re confident in your communication and are able to cater your approach depending on the person you’re talking to.
- Relationship Builder. You’re able to build relationships easily whether remote or in person. You love people and you love events.
- Growth-mindset. You thrive on feedback and making improvements based on it.
The impact you’ll make: Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about MT’s services – the value we offer, the types of events that we service and our customer-service mentality.
- Have opportunities for training to expand your exposure and understanding of the events industry
- Meet with current members of the Project Management, Production and Sales teams to understand best practices for supporting our clients and their diverse needs.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients and internal team members, ensuring a strong client retention rate.
- Begin to create your own processes for working with your clients and identify opportunities for efficiency/improvement.
- Become proficient in our CRM, Netsuite and Project Planning tool, Hive.
- Work with members of our internal support teams to effectively manage a large-scale event or event series for premier clients. These clients include fortune-500 companies in many sectors including pharmaceutical, wealth management and production service agencies.
Within 6 months you’ll:
- Have proficiency in the role and be managing accounts with autonomy.
- Complete projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving and contingency planning; striving to consistently exceed client expectations.
$70,966 – $88,707 a year
The above range is the starting salary range for this role. The final starting salary is based on individual experience and how closely it translates to the role. Once in the role, we offer annual merit increases based on performance.
At Meeting Tomorrow, our mission is to foster a culture of respect and affection. We embrace our differences and are committed to having a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in second chances and strongly encourage BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA, veterans, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated and all other individuals to apply.
Our benefits include: full medical coverage (health, vision, dental, short term disability and life insurance), PTO and 9 paid holidays, annual profit-sharing bonus, 100% charitable giving match, employer match 401k with subsidized brokerage fees, gym membership reimbursement, employee-led social action teams, fully paid parental leave, paid bereavement leave and fun social gatherings!
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in this posting, you’re ready to apply!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.